, , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Weekend Face

3:44 am






Some old and new favourites all come together for what's become my fail-safe daily makeup routine. 

L'oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer: I used this as both an all-over primer and added some more as a highlight on my cheek bones after I applied foundation. It's just gives such a lovely glow to the skin without being glittery. 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla: This is tied in first place with the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer as my holy grail concealer. It's got fantastic coverage, blends out incredibly well and doesn't cling to dry patches or crease under the eyes. I'm so happy to have this product in my life. 

Esteè Lauder Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Makeup in N1N Ivory Nude: This foundation is good skin in a bottle.  It just gives such a beautiful natural finish to the skin, and just seems to glide over any imperfections leaving you looking radiant and healthy. Since this foundation made its way into my collection a month ago it's all I've been wearing. You can see my full review of it here.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light: A powder that doesn't look like a powder!? I love this for setting my makeup whilst still retaining some dimension in my skin. It keeps my foundation in place despite the high levels of humidity and doesn't have an overly mattifying effect on the skin.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01: This is great for adding some warmth to those of us who are as pale as a ghost. It just looks so natural on the skin but I find it does tend to fade quickly if I haven't used a primer or setting spray that day. I fell in love with it after seeing it on Esteè from Essie Button however it seems everyone else felt the same way as now it is almost always sold out at my local Body Shop.

Face of Australia blush in Hello Dolly: I got this in the hope of it being similar to Dior's Rosy Glow Blush, and whilst it isn't overly glowy it does brighten up the complexion - great for those days when you are feeling a bit dull skin-wise. It is smooth and easy to blend this blush is fantastic for its $9.45 price. The shade Primrose is equally as beautiful but slightly better for the colder months. 

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe: Great for well defined brows that won't budge. I absolutely love ashy brow colours, and this is a great one. Just be sure to use a light hand with this product otherwise you can end up with very overdrawn brows.

Clinique Neutral Territory 2 Palette (limited edition - no longer available): Compact, functional, versatile and filled with beautiful neutrals this is the paired back palette that's great for travel. Unfortunately it was limited edition, isn't that always the way? All shades are available in the permanent line as singles and duos. My favourites shades from the palette are Black Honey (great for green and hazel eyes) and Hazy, both of which I have in single forms just in case I ever hit pan. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in Brown: My perfect everyday eyeliner - not to harsh, but still gives enough definition to make my eyes pop. I love this for smudging across the top and bottom lash lines as well as for use in the top waterline (seriously, why don't more people do this? It makes a huge difference). Bronze is a similar shade that works so well with blue, green or hazel eyes. 

L'oreal Telescopic in Blackest Black: I'm all about length and separation for the day time and this gives me just that. Clinique High Impact Mascara still is still my favourite for during the day, but this is a close second. 

Maybelline Color Elixir in Rose Redefined: This is just such a gorgeous pink-y rose shade. I absolutely love these gloss-lipstick-balm hybrids, they are just so comfortable to wear. Not the best option for wining and dining, but it's a great formula for everyday as it stains the lips and doesn't fade away or go patchy with wear.

What products go-to fail-safe products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

beauty (5) Brushes (1) foundation (1) review (3) shopping (1)

Blog Archive